This morning, had to wake up early cos the car will arrive at 8am to pick me up from my hotel. Today's itinerary is the Hatta Mountain Tour where I'll venture off to Hatta. Enroute to Hatta, I'll first have another round of dune bashing in the Wadi. Thk goodness this time the dune bashing was shorter than the previous day...Or most probably I'm more well-equipped now. Decided to heed my doc's advice and drink the dehyration tablet drink and took some anti-vomiting pills b4 I left the hotel in the am. So this dune bashing didnt feel as bad as yesterday. For a change of hrs, I finally feel the desert in the day (instd of night compared to yest). Indeed, the desert in the day feels freaking hot though night time it's hot too but the day's is worst. A momentary stopover-out-of-the-car to shoot some pics and back into the aircon I went.
Before we could get to Hatta, we had to pass by Oman from Dubai. As explained by our driver, this is a shorter route as it's some GCC agreement among the Gulf countries, which will shorten the journey from Dubai-Hatta by a few hrs! Crossing the border was quite scary...no proper border checks facilities per se...but the border guards were armed with guns. Pretty scary. At this moment, I muz frankly admit I felt scared cos it seems that if you are detained for whatsoever reason, it's good luck to you trying to find your way to freedom. We had a brief stop at Oman which to me, seems very much like the outskirts of Dubai. Alot of desert land, few habitants (or mayb it's becos we were at the border).
No comments:
Post a Comment